How to Scrutinize a Candidate. (part 1)
By Janine Morgan
Ask yourself these questions:
Do they actually live in my district?
- Do they make themselves available to the voters? --Town halls, speaking at events, etc?
- Do they show up at these events, etc.?
- Are they doing, as opposed to saying?
For example, if homelessness is of great concern to them,are they serving food in a soup kitchen?
- What have they done that shows that they have the experience for the office they are running for?
- What is it that they have excelled in? Include hobbies, sports, jobs, public service, elected offices.
- Where are their priorities?
For example, is it more important for them to attend a town hall or is it more important that they have lunch at the local men's club with their buddies?
Then, reflect on the answers.